If you are one of the many in Los Angeles who suffer from TMJ disorder, then you surely have grown tired of putting up with symptoms such as neck pain, migraines, and clicking noises. TMJ symptoms can go from mildly bothersome to extremely painful, depending on the case.
For an evaluation of your symptoms and a comprehensive discussion of potential treatment options, please contact neuromuscular dentist Dr. Joseph Henry by calling (714) 385-1672 today.
Technology Finds the Right Bite
There are highly advanced methods of finding each person's correct bite. Rather than suffer from the symptoms and pain of TMJ, you can have your jaw realigned and your bite fixed to be pain-free and comfortable.
Dentists in Los Angeles and elsewhere are using three types of tests to measure muscle movement and joint alignment in order to discover an ideal bite for a patient. These tests include:
- Magnetic tracking of your jaw movement as it opens and closes
- Tracking of the muscles involved in jaw movement, a procedure that employs technology much like that which is used when displaying someone's heartbeat
- Recording of the noises produced when the jaw opens and closes
A well-trained neuromuscular dentist like Dr. Henry may choose to use all of these tests, or only one or two. He will use the technology to discover how severe your TMJ or other neuromuscular problem is, and that will enable him to decide what course of action to take.
TMJ Patients Benefit from Technology
Life in a big city like Los Angeles can be stressful enough as it is, and symptoms of TMJ certainly don't help. If you feel that you may be suffering from this condition, don't hesitate to contact a dentist trained in handling the painful symptoms of the TMJ.
Dr. Henry, a graduate of Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental studies (LVI), will use this new technology to find your correct bite. He may also find that further technology will be useful:
- A Myomonitor sends low-frequency, painless electrical impulses through the muscles around your jaw. They help your muscles relax and increase the blood flow through the area. This will reduce pain and allow the jaw to move more freely.
- Reconstructive dentistry using lasers, dental bonding, or porcelain crowns can recontour teeth which have been contributing to the misaligned bite by being mismatched with their neighbors. Recontoured teeth will meet smoothly, without bumping or rubbing on each other and causing discomfort or tooth wear and tear.
If reconstructive dentistry takes care of tooth mismatching or misalignment, no braces may be necessary.
Using the new technology, neuromuscular dentists today are relieving pain for many TMJ treatment patients. If you suffer from any symptoms of TMJ, please call (714) 385-1672 or email Dr. Henry today to schedule your initial consultation. Our dental practice proudly serves Fullerton, Orange, Anaheim, and cities throughout Orange County.