The way that you feel about your smile can affect your confidence and how you interact with others. Whether you have one aesthetic concern or multiple, cosmetic dentistry treatments can dramatically improve the appearance of your teeth and gums.
It’s not surprising that the popularity of cosmetic dentistry treatments is on the rise. More and more patients are discovering the aesthetic — and sometimes functional — benefits that these services have to offer.
Dr. Joseph Henry has helped countless patients achieve their smile goals with cosmetic dentistry. Call 714-385-1672 today to schedule your complimentary cosmetic dentistry consultation at Orange Center for Cosmetic Dentistry. We welcome patients from Tustin, Orange, Santa Ana, and nearby areas of Orange County, California.
- Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry Candidates
- Our Cosmetic Dentistry Services
- The Fundamentals of a Beautiful Smile
- Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist
- Paying for Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Schedule Your Complimentary Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Imagine coming in for one or two appointments and leaving with the smile you've always wanted. The results of cosmetic dentistry treatments are often immediate and dramatic.
Cosmetic dentistry treatments can improve the appearance of common concerns like:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Broken, cracked, or chipped teeth
- Spaces between teeth
- Teeth that look too short
- Misshapen teeth
- Older and less aesthetic dental restorations
According to a survey by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, nine out of ten Americans agree that an attractive smile is an important asset. Seventy-four percent of those surveyed felt that an unattractive smile can hurt a person's chances for career success. They also found that only half of those surveyed were happy with their smile.
Until recently, people did not have many options to change the look of their teeth. Today, cosmetic dentists like Dr. Henry offer a wide range of advanced treatment options, which can completely redesign your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry Candidates
If you are concerned about the appearance of one or more aspects of your smile, then you are likely a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry. The best way to find out if you would benefit from cosmetic dentistry treatment is to speak with Dr. Henry in person. He will examine your teeth and take the time to understand your unique goals.
You may benefit from cosmetic dentistry if you:
- Tend to cover your mouth when you laugh
- Smile with your mouth closed in photos
- Feel self-conscious about the appearance of your smile
- Have one or more cosmetic issues that you want to improve
- Have good oral health
If you have oral health issues, Dr. Henry will likely need to treat them before beginning your cosmetic dental work. That way, you will have a healthy and beautiful smile in the end.
Our Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Dr. Henry will help determine the right cosmetic dentistry treatments to enhance your unique smile. We offer a wide range of effective and versatile treatment options at our dental practice.
Some of our popular cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Porcelain veneers: Often referred to as “instant orthodontics,” porcelain veneers are durable, custom-made restorations that cover a variety of dental imperfections. The incredibly thin and long-lasting restorations are bonded to the front of your teeth to transform your smile.
- Teeth whitening: You have probably already heard of the most well-known cosmetic dentistry treatment: teeth whitening. Professional whitening treatments are often more effective and less irritating than the take-home options that are sold in stores. If you are looking for a simple way to improve the way your smile looks, whitening could be a great option.
- Dental bonding: Also known as tooth bonding, dental bonding involves adhering a tooth-colored resin to the surface of your teeth to correct cosmetic issues. This simple procedure can be completed in one office visit. Bonding is a safe and effective way to fix gaps, cracks, and gaps in your teeth as well as whitening your smile.
- Smile makeovers: If you have multiple aesthetic concerns, you may find that a total smile makeover is the best way to achieve stunning results. A smile makeover is a customized combination of procedures designed to address all of your cosmetic issues. General dentistry treatments may be included in your treatment plan.
Even when performing general dentistry treatments, Dr. Henry makes the appearance of your smile a priority. He only uses white fillings and natural-looking ceramic crowns instead of their metal counterparts. Dr. Henry can replace your old metal fillings with a durable restoration that will seamlessly blend in with your smile.
The Fundamentals of a Beautiful Smile
A beautiful smile doesn’t happen by accident, it is the result of careful planning. Dr. Henry understands the fundamentals of an attractive smile, which he takes into consideration whenever possible. This is especially important when performing a successful smile makeover.
Here are some of the key elements of a beautiful smile:
- The shape of your front teeth: Front teeth are often worn down from grinding, accidental breakage, or general wear. Many times, they are shaped like a square, when a rectangular shape is more aesthetically pleasing. The correct rectangular shape of the front teeth can easily be restored with porcelain veneers.
- The golden proportion: The next fundamental to take into consideration is the proportional relationship between your front six teeth. There is an ideal ratio, called the “Golden Proportion,” that looks great on most people. During a smile makeover, Dr. Henry will likely maintain these proportions with veneers.
- The spaces between your teeth: Another subtle fundamental of designing a smile lies in the amount of space along the edges (embrasures) of your teeth. The spacing or scalloping along the edge of the teeth should get wider as your eye moves away from the middle. This subtle consideration helps prevent veneers from looking unnatural.
- Your gum line: A beautiful smile isn’t just about making your teeth look great, your gums may need some attention too. If your gum tissue isn’t symmetrical, a gentle and precise laser can be used to create a balanced appearance. Lasers can also be used to treat a “gummy smile” which occurs when excess gum tissue covers a portion of your teeth.
While these fundamental principles are just guidelines that Dr. Henry will consider after listening to your desires, taking them into account will help ensure that your porcelain veneers or other cosmetic treatments will look great.
Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist
Your cosmetic dentist can have a significant impact on your results. That’s why it is crucial to select an experienced dental professional who you can trust with your smile.
To help you sort through your options, consider these factors:
- Education: What training does your potential dentist have? You want to know that they are qualified and well-educated within their field. Not only is Dr. Henry a graduate of the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies — one of the country's most recognized training institutions for cosmetic dentistry — he is one of their clinical instructors, and one of their preferred dentists.
- Experience: Are you one of their first patients, or has your potential dentist been transforming smiles for decades? Dr. Henry has been improving patient’s smiles for over 30 years.
- Patient testimonials: What do past patients have to say about their experience with the dentist that you are considering? Dr. Henry’s patients, like American Idol finalist LaKisha Jones, provide positive testimonials.
- Before and after photos: Your dentist should be able to provide you with patient photos. Dr. Henry is proud of all of the cosmetic dentistry procedures that he has performed. You can view his work in our before and after gallery.
Paying for Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
Cost shouldn’t be a barrier when you are pursuing dental treatments that can make you look and feel your best. Unfortunately, insurance companies usually do not pay for cosmetic procedures that they consider elective. Instead, they primarily provide coverage for treatments that are necessary for maintaining good oral health.
However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t make these treatments work with your budget. At Orange Center for Cosmetic Dentistry, we believe that you should be able to pursue the dental care that you want. That’s why we proudly offer flexible financing options to our patients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does your practice specialize in cosmetic dentistry?
Yes. In order to ensure that our patients love their aesthetic results, we focus our energy, resources, and personnel on providing exceptional cosmetic dentistry services. Only through targeted effort can we provide you the very best and latest that cosmetic dentistry has to offer.
How many patients does your practice see on a busy day?
We are not a high-volume dental practice. Typically, we see only between 4-5 patients per day. This allows us to provide you with the undivided level of attention and care that you deserve.
How long have you been offering cosmetic dentistry services?
We have been offering the latest in cosmetic dentistry since 1983. We began devoting our practice exclusively to cosmetic dentistry patients in 1996, and continue to invest in the latest technology and training for the benefit of our patients.
What technology and services do you offer that most other dentists don't?
- The Wand® computer-assisted anesthesia system
- Intraoral video cameras
- Digital photography
- Computerized smile imaging
- Physiologic dentistry EMG jaw tracking for TMJ treatment
Dr. Henry will gladly answer any additional questions that you may have. Learn more about our practice by scheduling your complimentary consultation today.
Schedule Your Complimentary Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation
If you are ready to transform your smile, please call 714-385-1672 to schedule your complimentary cosmetic dentistry consultation. At Orange Center for Cosmetic Dentistry, we welcome patients from Tustin, Orange, Santa Ana, and nearby areas of Orange County, California.